Oversized blazers are the ultimate fashion tool that can enhance any outfit. Similar to a Swiss Army Knife, they have the ability to adapt to any sartorial situation, whether it be a dress, jeans, skirt, shorts, or even athleisure wear. This was evident as I scrolled through the latest street style photos from fashion week on Pinterest, where one common element stood out among all the stylish looks: the oversized blazer. However, the thought of sporting a blazer can be intimidating for some, as it may evoke images of a 90's businessman or make you feel engulfed by its bulk. But have no fear, my fashionable friend, let's delve into how to wear a blazer like a street style star.
1. Tailor Made: A blazer that looks tailored is key. Your oversized blazer should either cinch in at the waist when buttoned up, or feature structured shoulders, both will create a flattering chic contour.
2. Fabric Frenzy: Look for materials that hold their shape, like a crisp cotton or a luxurious wool blend, or something more feminine and flowy like a silk blend to create a feminine silhouette.
3. Length Matters: Opt for an oversized style that hits below, or at your bum. If it's too short, you'll look like you just stepped out of a 90's boardroom. And we don't want that.
4. Colour Coordination: If you want to play it safe, stick with a neutral or monochrome blazer that matches everything in your wardrobe. But, if you're feeling daring, why not make a statement with a punchy, bright-coloured or pastel blazer.
5. Roll Up: Looking to up your blazer game? Take a cue from the sartorial sirens of street style and try rolling up your sleeves à la Parisian chic for a quick and effortless style upgrade.
6. Style It: If you're looking to elevate your look, consider accessorising your blazer in a way that highlights your feminine figure and enhances your personal style. You can do this by cinching your blazer at the waist with a belt, or by incorporating a bag that creates an hourglass silhouette, either worn around the waist or over the shoulder.
So there you have it babes, a few key tips to mastering the street style blazer game. Say goodbye to bland and boring, and hello to effortless cool and sophistication. It's time to add the Swiss Army Knife of fashion to your wardrobe.
SHOP OUR CURATED SELECTION OF BLAZERS BELOW:
Sustainability/Ethical Rating: For our conscious fashion girls, we've added a 1-5 star sustainability rating based on this article here and taken into account ethical brand ratings from Good On You to give an estimate score out of 5.
Bare By Charlie Holiday
The Blazer - Hemp & Linen Blend
Carolina Blazer Jacket
Sara Drop Lapel Side Split Blazer
Zander Oversized Black Blazer
Ruth Blazer Jacket
Plaid Oversized Blazer
Written by Becky Smouha for Oh Yes Her
Find more blazer inspo on Pinterest